Day 20: Tunnocks Teacake Wrapper
You may have seen a version of this card on my blog previously, but I love it so much that I thought I’d share my new version of it with you. I made a few of these last year, but I confess, I stole the idea from another WordPress blog, HomeShoppingSpy. You can read the original article that inspired me here. It’s two years old now, but the idea remains – buy teacakes, eat teacakes, make cards using the wrappers. Really, what more could you ask for?! The main difficulty comes in training the family to remove the wrappers carefully, without tearing them, and without balling them up to make a cat toy either. But once you have a supply of wrappers, the cards are very easy to make.
To make this card:
- Glue the wrapper onto some plain cardstock and leave to dry.
- Cut the wrapper into a cracker shape by making a long rectangle, then cutting notches where the central silver circle is.
- Tie two lengths of ribbon into a bow around the notches.
- Attach the cracker to a Kraft card blank using adhesive foam pads.
- Using a red pen, draw little stars over the background, and write a greeting in the bottom corner.
Tomorrow I’ll show you what you can use the leftover bits of wrapper for…